SPRING INTERNSHIP | PHYSICAL THERAPIST
We’re seeking a Physical Therapist Intern to join our team. As a Physical Therapist Intern at Ollin, you will have the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience in a dynamic and innovative setting. You will work closely with our team of highly skilled physical therapists, sports performance coaches, and medical professionals to assist in the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletes and clients. This internship is designed to provide you with comprehensive exposure to various aspects of physical therapy, sports performance, and holistic healthcare. Our Physical Therapist Intern should be able to cater to individuals of all ages, demographics, and professional athletes. Our dedicated team of skilled therapists is committed to helping our patients/athletes achieve optimal physical health, enhance performance, and regain their full potential. At our clinic, we understand that each person is unique and requires personalized care. Whether they’re recovering from an injury, seeking rehabilitation, or aiming to improve their athletic abilities, our Physical Therapist Team will provide a comprehensive range of skills to tailor to our patients/athletes specific needs.
The primary duties AS OUR Physical Therapist are:
- Assists the Physical Therapists in scheduling and receiving of patient appointments and routing of medical records
- Monitors patient flow in the treatment rooms to ensure that all patients are receiving treatments as close to scheduled treatment times as possible
- Oversees waiting area, coordinates patient movement, reports problems or irregularities
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment programs as directed by the therapist
- Confers with the therapist on patient privacy and comfort needs and other care issues
- Under the supervision of the therapist, administers physical therapy modalities to patients with appropriate musculoskeletal conditions using such physical measures as heat packs, cold packs, high voltage electrical stimulation, contrast baths, hydrotherapy, ultrasound, and traction
- Follows safety standards in operating physical therapy equipment
- Provides protection for the patient and self in accordance with safety standards
- Performs daily routine inspection of physical therapy equipment to ensure that equipment is in good working order and reports equipment malfunctions to Director
- Performs routine daily cleaning, disinfecting, and general maintenance of patient care equipment and supplies
- Performs routine monthly cleaning and disinfecting of patient care equipment and storage areas
- Responsible for handling of soiled department linen and distributing fresh linen
- Maintains work area and treatment rooms in a neat and orderly manner
- Maintains storage areas of clinical supplies in a neat and orderly manner
- Performs environmental services including, but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and cleaning the restroom
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner
- Maintains and updates current information on appointment schedule
- Ability to book, coordinate, and reschedule patient’s appointments
- Relays necessary information to clinic staff related to rescheduled, canceled, and no-show appointments
- Maintains clinic and patient information in a confidential manner
- Maintains clinic policies, procedures, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control programs
- Attends required meetings
- Performs other related work duties which may be inclusive but not listed in the position description
The Ideal Candidate:
- Caring, energetic, positive, friendly, enthusiastic applicant
- Loves to help people and is passionate about the field of physical therapy
- Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task
- Experience as a physical therapy aide or related experience is not required. We have an intensive training program for the right candidate to allow them to gain the experience needed.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or is able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- The ability to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions, directives, standardized procedures and protocols.
- Ability to recognize and correct potentially hazardous conditions.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to record accurate information.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic, chronological, or categorical systems.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize and complete work assignments.
- Demonstrates customer service values and professional conduct.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and courteous manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, the organization’s staff, and the public.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work may require prolonged standing and walking. It also may require lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, pushing, and pulling. Requires eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity to write legibly, and to operate a calculator, telephone, fax, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Must have adequate vision correctable to 20/20 to carry out treatments and procedures, record procedures on appropriate forms/reports, and to prepare and communicate appropriate medical record forms and other reports. Must have adequate hearing and speaking abilities to interact appropriately with clinic staff, patients, and public. Must have a well-groomed appearance and courteous manner. Requires ability to operate physical therapy equipment and apply treatment modalities appropriately. Requires ability to effectively handle multiple patients which can be stressful.
AS A MEMBER OF THE OLLIN TEAM, YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Ollin Gear
Students in this job class will be expected to perform other job-related duties when it can be reasonably implied that such duties do not fundamentally change the basic requirements, purpose, or intent of the position.
- March 1st – May 1st
We offer both full-time and part-time internships
Full-Time: For the majority of the internship, your learning schedule will include eight-hour days, five days per week. While the regular work week is usually 40 hours, additional projects, patient activities and homework may be assigned.
Part-Time: For the majority of the internship, your learning schedule will include four to seven hour days, three to five days per week. While the regular work week is usually 15 – 20 hours, additional projects, patient activities and homework may be assigned. If both interns require part-time, we may have 1 morning intern & 1 evening intern to split the day
We understand that as an intern, you are balancing school schedules and sometimes even work. We value a good-work life balance, but require excellent communication on behalf of the intern. We are a flexible program, and if hours/days scheduled need to be adjusted, please communicate those needs.
- Dependent on season/school requirements and intern schedule
- We offer both Full-Time & Part-Time opportunities
ABILITY TO COMMUTE OR RELOCATE:
- Cypress, TX (Greater Houston Area): Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- In person
At Ollin Athletics & Sports Medicine, we believe in nurturing talent and providing opportunities for growth. Join us as a Physical Therapist Intern and embark on an exciting journey towards becoming a skilled and compassionate healthcare professional, making a significant impact on the lives of athletes and clients.
If you are enthusiastic about holistic sports performance and physical therapy and are eager to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. Take the first step toward a fulfilling and rewarding career by becoming a part of our team. We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you better.
HOW TO APPLY: