WINTER INTERNSHIP | SPORTS PERFORMANCE COACH
Join our dynamic team at Ollin Athletics & Sports Medicine as a Sports Performance Coach Intern and embark on a unique and fulfilling journey in the world of holistic sports performance. We are committed to helping athletes of all levels achieve their best through a comprehensive approach that combines physical training, sports science, and medical expertise. This internship offers a hands-on learning experience in a supportive and collaborative environment, perfect for those seeking to gain valuable skills in sports performance coaching.
We’re looking for highly motivated individuals seeking a career in the Athletic Development or Sports Performance Industry. We’ve been blessed to work with some of the world’s best athletes at every level. Because of this, we expect the best out of our staff — this includes our interns. You’ll have an opportunity to learn our assessment process, how to create programs for individual athletes and teams, and multiple facets of long-term athletic development from the best in the business.
The primary duties AS OUR SPORTS PERFORMANCE COACH INTERN are:
As a Sports Performance Coach Intern, you will play an integral role in the development and execution of training programs that cater to athletes of various disciplines. Your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting experienced coaches in designing and implementing customized training plans for clients, considering their specific needs, goals, and limitations.
- Conducting fitness assessments and monitoring the progress of athletes through data analysis and regular evaluations.
- Collaborating with the medical team to incorporate injury prevention and rehabilitation strategies into training programs.
- Participating in group and individual coaching sessions to ensure athletes receive the highest quality guidance and support.
- Learning and utilizing equipment and technology to enhance athlete performance.
- Performs daily routine inspection of performance equipment to ensure that equipment is in good working order and reports equipment malfunctions to Director
- Performs routine daily cleaning, disinfecting, and general maintenance of performance equipment and supplies
- Performs routine monthly cleaning and disinfecting of performance equipment and storage areas
- Responsible for handling of soiled department linen and distributing fresh linen
- Maintains work areas/performance areas in a neat and orderly manner
- Maintains storage areas of performance supplies in a neat and orderly manner
- Performs environmental services including, but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and cleaning the restroom
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner
- Maintains and updates current information on appointment schedule
- Ability to book, coordinate, and reschedule patient’s appointments
- Relays necessary information to coaching staff related to rescheduled, canceled, and no-show appointments
- Maintains office policies, procedures, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control programs
- Attends required meetings
- Performs other related work duties which may be inclusive but not listed in the position description
The Ideal Candidate:
- Caring, energetic, positive, friendly, enthusiastic applicant.
- Ambitious, honesty, integrity, and punctuality.
- Loves to help people and is passionate about the field of Sports Performance Coaching.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task.
- Experience as a sports performance coach or related experience is not required. We have an intensive training program for the right candidate to allow them to gain the experience needed.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or is able to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- The ability to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions, directives, standardized procedures and protocols.
- Ability to recognize and correct potentially hazardous conditions.
- Enrollment in or completion of a relevant degree program, such as exercise science, kinesiology, sports science, or a related field.
- Passion for sports performance and a strong desire to learn and grow in the field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with athletes, coaches, and medical professionals.
- A collaborative and team-oriented mindset, with the ability to adapt and contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A commitment to our holistic approach to sports performance, focusing on both physical and mental well-being.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize and complete work assignments.
- Demonstrates customer service values and professional conduct.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and courteous manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, the organization’s staff, and the public.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work may require prolonged standing and walking. It also may require lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, pushing, and pulling. Requires eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity to write legibly, and to operate a calculator, telephone, fax, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Must have adequate hearing and speaking abilities to interact appropriately with staff, athletes, patients, and public. Must have a well-groomed appearance and courteous manner. Requires ability to effectively handle multiple athletes which can be stressful.
AS A MEMBER OF THE OLLIN TEAM, YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Ollin Gear
Students in this job class will be expected to perform other job-related duties when it can be reasonably implied that such duties do not fundamentally change the basic requirements, purpose, or intent of the position.
December 1st – March 1st (2023 – 2024)
We offer both full-time and part-time internships:
Full-Time: For the majority of the internship, your learning schedule will include eight-hour days, five days per week. While the regular work week is usually 40 hours, additional projects, patient activities and homework may be assigned.
Part-Time: For the majority of the internship, your learning schedule will include four to seven hour days, three to five days per week. While the regular work week is usually 15 – 20 hours, additional projects, patient activities and homework may be assigned. If both interns require part-time, we may have 1 morning intern & 1 evening intern to split the day
We understand that as an intern, you are balancing school schedule and sometimes even work. We value a good-work life balance, but require excellent communication on behalf of the intern. We are a flexible program, and if hours/days scheduled need to be adjusted, please communicate those needs.
- Dependent on season/school requirements and intern schedule
- We offer both Full-Time & Part-Time opportunities
ABILITY TO COMMUTE OR RELOCATE:
- Cypress, TX (Greater Houston Area): Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- In person
At Ollin Athletics & Sports Medicine, we believe in nurturing talent and providing opportunities for growth. Join us as a Sports Performance Intern and embark on an exciting journey towards becoming a skilled and compassionate coach, making a significant impact on the lives of athletes and clients.
If you are enthusiastic about holistic sports performance coaching, genuinely care about athletes’ well-being, and are eager to make a difference, we encourage you to apply for our Sports Performance Coach Intern position. Join us in helping athletes achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career in sports performance coaching. We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you better.
HOW TO APPLY: